Phase 2: Flood Defences and Groundwork
The River Quibú circles the site of the Havana Dance Centre. The river has flooded many times, damaging the land and the buildings. Work is needed to stabilise the river, drain the site and complete all groundwork ready for the restoration of the buildings.
Phase 2 work will include:
- Building up artificial river walls over 356 metres of its course around the site
- Dredging the river of sediment
- Removing vegetation and excess soil from the base of the Calle 146 bridge
- Draining the Dance Centre site
- Ensuring there are no basic health and safety risks for anyone on the site
- Preparing the ground for utilities and services ready for the restoration
Support us in completing this phase of work.